Portland, United States
Portland, Oregon is located in the North Western United States, where the Willamette and Columbia Rivers meets. It is only a short drive away from the Pacific Ocean sprawling for its fertile valley and the Cascade Range. Portland is a nature lover Paradise because of rivers, lakes, mountains and greenery all around.
Things to do in Portland-
- Visit the Portland Japanese Garden which has Landscaped Greenery
- Go to the Washington Park, A huge park of 400 acres with beautiful rose garden
- Visit the International rose test garden
- Oregon zoo has many endangered species
- Get lost in the trails of forest park and enjoy the greenery all around.
- Visit the Pittock mansion
- Get amazed by the planetarium of Oregon Museum of science and industry
- The Grotto shrine has a peaceful atmosphere and a beautiful garden.
- Visit the Tom McCall Waterfront park
- Pioneer courthouse square, nicknamed as Portland’s living room is a huge public square
- Hoyt Arboretum is a tea Garden and also has hiking paths
- Admire the art work at Portland art museum
- St. Johns Bridge is an historical landmark of 1931
- Visit the Oregon historical society Museum
What to eat –
Portland is one of the best food cities in US. Some of the must try of Portland are-
- Abelskiver- Danish pancakes
- Pok Pok –IKE’s fish sauce wings
- Deviled Eggs
- The Cheesus- grilled cheese grill
- Brisket- Podnah’s Pit Barbecue
- Korean Fried Chicken
In the middle of so much Natural beauty sits Portland, more than just a place to stop and smell the roses, this is a place to truly experience the laid back atmosphere.