Portland, OregonHELLO PORTLAND
It is the largest city in Oregon and is located on the Columbia and Willamette rivers. The climate here is temperate and has both oceanic and Mediterranean features. There is an extinct lava field below Portland known as the Boring Lava Field. It is known for its eco-friendly people and beautiful bridges.
Things to do
- Portland Japanese Garden- Spread over an area of 12.4 acres, it is a beautiful and authentic Japanese Garden.
- Washington Park- A huge park with a zoo, forest museum, rose garden and arboretum.
- International Rose Tea Garden- This Park has more than 10,000 plants and is very beautiful.
- Oregon Zoo- Spread over an area of 64 acres, this zoo is more like a mini Forest.
- Pittock Mansion- This mansion was inspired by Renaissance architecture and Italian architecture and was built in 1909 for Henry Pittock.
- Mill Ends Park
- Lan Su Chinese Garden- It is a botanical garden famously known as the “Garden of Awakening Orchids”.
- The Grotto- It is a beautiful Catholic Shrine with a garden.
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park
- Pioneer Courthouse Square- The Plaza here is also known as “Portland’s Living Room”.
- Portland Art Museum
- Oaks amusement Park- Best place to take your kids. You can enjoy rides here as well as do skating.
Where to stay
Some of the good hotels in Portland are:
- The Paramount Hotel Portland- A fine hotel with a bar and a fine dining area.
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Portland- This hotel has an indoor pool, fitness center and two restaurants.
- The Benson- It is a building from 1913, with a steakhouse, cigar bar and live music.
- Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland- This is a sophisticated hotel with free breakfast provided.
- Sentinal- This hotel has refined rooms with restaurant and a bar.